Covid-19 is unprecedented in its scale and impact on society. Many people are concerned, looking for ways to stay safe at a time when we move to the new normal. The business impact is huge. Companies and institutions are seeking solutions to provide a ‘virus-free’ space where people feel safe when they work, learn, travel, shop or exercise.
The Philips UV-C disinfection desk lamp can effectively deactivate viruses, bacteria, molds and spores, in a matter of minutes1. All bacteria and viruses tested to date respond to UV-C disinfection.
UV-C – A proven technology
UV-C light has the power to neutralize any harmful micro-organisms that might be present on surfaces, objects or in the air. This helps reduce the risk of contracting viruses and bacteria and spreading them even further. It can be used to disinfect the air, surfaces and objects.
UV-C light effectively deactivates bacteria, viruses and fungal spores by breaking their DNA and RNA, rendering them harmless. It’s a proven methodology for air, surfaces and water disinfection, and has been used for more than 40 years to mitigate the risk of acquiring infections. In laboratory testing, Philips UV-C light sources reduced SARS-CoV-2 virus infectivity on a surface to below detectable levels in as few as 9 seconds. Which is why we recommend integrating UV-C light into your ongoing disinfection strategy against Covid-19.
Customers can count on a 35-years proven track record in UV-C lighting. Our product portfolio of both lamps and end-products is proven to be effective, versatile, and safe to install and use.
Home disinfection: UV-C desk lamp
- Disinfect your home from germs:
- All bacteria and viruses tested to date respond to UV-C disinfection. In laboratory tests, our UV-C light sources reduced SARS-CoV-2 (the virus that causes Covid-19) infectivity on a surface to below detectable levels in as few as 9 seconds.
- Simple to Use:
- The Philips UV-C desk lamp is easy to use. With a concise control panel and step-by-step voice guide to help you use it in the most effective way.
- Fast disinfection:
- With the Philips UV-C desk lamp you can disinfect surfaces and objects in any room in a matter of minutes.
- Motion Sensor:
- Because exposure to UV-C can harm eyes and skin, Philips UV-C lights have an added layer of protection with built-in sensors that detect people and pets.
- Philips has 35+ years experience in UV-C lighting and strong application expertize.
- Dedicated driver design:
- Besides the high quality of the Philips UV-C tube, the dedicated driver design helps maximize the disinfection effectiveness.
We are expanding our portfolio with a broad range of products. Products include battens, luminaires, carts and cabinets for disinfecting air, surface and objects. We also offer upper-room air disinfection lighting, allowing people to be in the room when the air is being disinfected. Our products are applicable for a wide range of applications such as retail, offices, schools, public transport and the food industry.
[box type=”note” align=”” class=”” width=””]Find the right product for you now at philips.com/uv-c[/box]